This Root Cause Analysis Training Course is a popular and often-used technique that helps people answer the question of why the problem occurred in the first place. Root Cause Analysis seeks to identify the origin of a problem. It uses a specific set of steps, with tools such as the 5 Whys and Cause & Effect Diagram, to find the primary cause of the problem, so that you can determine what happened, why it happened and figure out what to do to prevent its recurrence.
Course is Designed For:
Employee in the organization who have responsibility to involved in the analyzing cause of hazards and risks while working.
- Understand the importance of performing root cause analysis
- Identify the root cause of a problem using the problem solving process
- Understand the application of basic quality tools in the problem solving process
Course Duration: 2 Days (8 Hours per Day)
Certificate Validity: 1 year
Training Schedule: On-Demand
- Introduction to Root Cause Analysis
- What is Root Cause Analysis?
- Root Cause: The "Evil at the Bottom"
- Why Root Cause Analysis?
- Principles of Root Cause Analysis
- Applications of Root Cause Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis Tools
- Overview of a Problem Solving Process
- What is a Problem?
- Problem Solving Funnel
- A Simple Problem Solving Process
- PDCA Problem Solving Process
- DMAIC Problem Solving Process
- What is a Root Cause?
- Dealing with Root Causes
- Root Cause Analysis using 5 Whys
- What is the 5 Whys?
- Benefits of the 5 Whys
- When is 5 Whys Most Used?
- 5 Whys Preparation
- How to Complete the 5 Whys
- 5 Whys Process Funnel
- Examples of 5 Whys
- 5 Whys: Key Points
- Drawbacks of the 5 Whys
4. Root Cause Analysis using Cause & Effect Diagram
- Cause & Effect Diagram
- When to Use
- Cause & Effect Diagram (Manufacturing)
- Cause & Effect Diagram (Service)
- Examples of Cause & Effect Diagrams
- How to Construct a Cause & Effect Diagram
- Cause & Effect Diagram: Considerations
- Cause & Effect Diagram: Practice Tips
- Checklists for the 5M1E
5. Root Cause Prioritization using Pareto Chart
- Introduction to Pareto Chart
- Pareto Chart: Purpose & When to Use
- Pareto Chart - Data Collection
- Example of Pareto Chart
- How to Construct a Pareto Chart
- Pareto Chart: Tips & Tricks
- cause & effect diagrams
- barrier analysis
- change analysis
- Pareto Analysis
- Bench Marking
- Common Errors of Root Cause
- Corrective Actions
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Audio Visual Video DVD
- Group Discussions
- Question and Answer Session
- Hands on Practical Training on Simulator.